You can now download the iOS 14.3 update onto your compatible iPhone, letting you get access to all the new features and tricks you couldn’t previously use on your smartphone.
How to download iOS 14.3
First, make sure your iPhone is backed up — a must when applying any significant update. You never know what could go wrong.
Via iCloud: Open Settings, tap your profile at the top, then tap iCloud, then scroll down to iCloud Backup. You’ll see a “Last successful backup” time at the bottom of the screen, and if that time is not recent enough, tap Back Up Now.
Locally: Connect your iPhone to your Mac via a USB to Lightning Cable, and open Finder. Then, select your iPhone in the left menu. Under General, and then under Backups, select Back Up Now. You can encrypt your backup to make it more secure, by checking off “Encrypt local backup.”
Then, for how to update to iOS 14.3: open Settings on your iPhone, tap General and select Software Update. You should see the option to download and install iOS 14.3 here once it arrives. We saw it available at 1:48 p.m. ET, but if you don’t see it, do not worry. Updates tend to roll out in waves, so don’t be frustrated if you don’t see it at first.
iOS 14.3 New Features
App Clips are a great way for users to quickly access and experience what your app has to offer. An App Clip is a small part of your app that’s discoverable at the moment it’s needed.
You can now launch an App Clip by scanning App Clip Codes designed by Apple, by using Camera or from Control Center. (71991284)
Apple Fitness+ is Apple’s latest service that’s designed to work with the Apple Watch. It offers guided workouts provided by Apple-hired trainers, with the Apple Watch used to track progress through the workout.
The update adds support for Apple’s newest product, the AirPods Max over-ear headphones. Apple says the update enables high fidelity audio for rich sound, Adaptive EQ for adjusting sound in real time to the personal fit of the ear cushions, Active Noise Cancellation for blocking environmental noise, Transparency mode to hear the environment around you, and Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for a theater-like experience.
Home Screen Shortcuts
iOS 14.3 makes it easier and quicker to launch apps with custom icons from the Home Screen. When opening an app that has a custom icon created using Shortcuts, it is no longer routed through the Shortcuts app and is instead able to open much more quickly.
iOS 14.3 new feature lets you set iPhone dynamic wallpapers. Learn how to set dynamic wallpapers on iOS 14.3 on the lock screen and home screen that will change automatically.
If you have downloaded the latest version of iOS let us know what your thoughts are over on our social networks.
iOs 14 Full Release Notes
- A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (Apple Watch Series 3 and later)
- New Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV to browse Fitness+ workouts, trainers, and personalized recommendations
- Video workouts added each week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Walking, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown
- Playlists curated by Fitness+ trainers to complement your workout
- Fitness+ subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States
- Support for AirPods Max, new over-ear headphones
- High fidelity audio for rich sound
- Adaptive EQ adapts sound in real time to the personal fit of ear cushions
- Active Noise Cancellation to block out environmental noise
- Transparency mode to hear the environment around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for a theater-like listening experience
- Apple ProRAW photos can be captured on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app
- Option to record video at 25 fps
- Mirror the front facing camera for still photos on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X
- New privacy information section on App Store pages that includes a developer-reported summary of the app’s privacy practices
- An all-new Apple TV+ tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Original shows and movies
- Enhanced search so you can browse by category such as genre, and see recent searches and suggestions as you type
- Top search results shown with the most relevant matches across movies, TV shows, cast, channels, and sports
- Support for launching App Clips by scanning Apple-designed App Clip Codes via Camera or from Control Center
- Ability to indicate pregnancy, lactation, or contraceptive use in Cycle Tracking in the Health app in order to better manage period and fertile window predictions
- Air quality data is now available in Weather, Maps, and Siri for locations in China mainland
- Air quality health recommendations are provided in Weather and Siri for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Mexico at certain air quality levels
- Air quality data in Weather, Maps, and Siri reflects updated national scales for Germany and Mexico
- Ecosia search engine option in Safari
This release also addresses the following issues:
- Some MMS messages may not be received
- Contact groups failed to display members when composing a message
- Some videos would not appear correctly when shared from the Photos app
- App folders may fail to open
- Spotlight search results, and opening apps from Spotlight may not work
- Bluetooth could be unavailable in Settings
- MagSafe Duo Charger could wirelessly charge your iPhone at less than the maximum power
- Wireless accessories and peripherals using the WAC protocol could fail to complete setup
- The keyboard would dismiss when adding a list in Reminders while using VoiceOver